Sunday, March 9, 2008

How the dress came to be...






























I am so happy to now tell you how the dress came to be my PROM dress!! On a wonderful night in February, I went to a Quinceanera with my roommates. One of their jovenes (young people) was turning 15 so Laura and Rebeca organized a mariachi band to come and sing some songs to Jocelyn (the birthday girl). She was SO surprised and excited to have a party thrown in her honor. Her brother also surprised her with a Quinceanera dress straight from the back of a trash truck. As soon as I saw the dress, I knew that it was perfect for our prom event. And thankfully, my friend Adam was present for the birthday party and agreed to go to Prom with me!! The only thing that I had to do was get it dry cleaned (who knows how long it had been at the dump and who knows where it came from)! So for a little Q75 ($10) I became the queen for the day!