My friend Audrey and I were bunk mates!! The rooms are tiny. What you see in this picture is about all the space we have. Fortunately both of us are very still sleepers and we didn't bother each other. She said I didn't even hum!!
Captain Ron r should I say Captain Raul!! Raul was the captain on our voyage. He was very often found sitting in this exact position when his foot guiding the way. He was an expert fisherman and extremely knowledgeable of our route. He leads at least 3 week long trips a month to the same tiny islands!
Speaking of tiny islands... here is one!! They really were extremely small, but for what we needed and wanted, they were perfect. They contained beaches, shade, and the perfect clear water surrounding it!

The sunsets (and sunrises, yes we were often up) were spectacular!! The sun would set perfectly on the water almost every night! The sunset was then followed by a sky full of bright stars (something I don't see much of living in Guatemala City).

By day... we were all found lying out in whatever location had sun... or did not have sun, depending on what you wanted!

By night... on St. Patrick's Day (I believe this was the night), we talked the crew into a bit of a dance party. Thankfully, Sarah and Manisha love to dance too!! Carlos, was the first mate and is the left corner. Zacheo was the incredible chef and he is at the top right!

Speaking of Zacheo... here is lunch one day! Fresh fish, cabbage and tomato salad, and potatoes! It was just delicious and it was every meal! He even made us an apple pie from scratch in our kitchen that was about 10 feet by 3 feet! It was TINY!
Even when we were on the islands, our captain would still bring us food! Each day at 10:30 and 3:30 we had fresh watermelon or fresh pineapple! It really was quite a treat!

Just a quick picture of dinner!! This was a fish that Raul speared for us to eat!

Overall it was a great trip! The weather was perfect! The company was enjoyable!! And we even snorkeled!!
3 comments:
So gorgeous!
All I can say is I am so jealous and it seemed like you had a great time!
Post a Comment