I was turning a corner near my house and making an immediate right into a parking lot when a small Ford Ranger truck tried to pass me on the right (I was turning) and he SLAMMED into my car. This all literally happened in the side parking of the store (yes he was going to cut through the parking lot to CUT ME OFF). Thankfully Opel (my car) is very big and sturdy and the man just hit my passenger side door. His car got the brunt of the damage (radiator fell out of his car and his bumper had punctured his tire) and was unable to drive off. Unfortunately I was taken advantage of (as the system goes here) and because he did not have insurance it was easier for me to take the blame (which I did only through tears and very frustrated) or they would have confiscated my car and I was off to court! That is why I have insurance, I guess. One thing that makes me mad is that my insurance pays for his car too!! BLAH!! The other thing that I found out (and this is important for all you Guatemalan drivers), your blinker means NOTHING!! It is only a suggestion. There is no law that you need a blinker to turn. Also, even if a road has no marking, it is possible that there are two lanes for traffic. YUP!! So ultimately, I had to write that I was in the far left (non-existent) lane and cut across traffic to turn right! Now that I am done ranting and raving... I feel better. I am thankful for insurance. I am thankful that I am alive and no one was hurt. And I am thanking for this sweet man, Don Rafael, who helped me as much as he could!

2 comments:
booooooo. I dont know if I could have done that! I would have been so angry!! I'm so glad you're ok though.....yay for insurance
SO sorry Kells!! Not fun. But I am too glad that you are not hurt and that you haven't been hauled to court. Excited about seeing you tonight!!
Post a Comment