Friday, June 13, 2008

I will miss these sweet faces....

Today was my final day of teaching for the 2007-2008 school year. It was kind of a big deal because it was my first year having my own class. For the past two years, I have taught 750 kids, but this year, it was just 23. I am gonna miss them. I think they are the cutest bunch of kids I know!! It was a bitter sweet day that involved a lot of tears from my kids, but I held it together. I doubt that I will ever have a class that is this special to me! They corrected me when I called the folder a notebook (which happened almost everyday!). They had a surprise party for me that was planned completely by them! They got SOOO mad at me when I would not let them bombard the Mayor of Guatemala City (but later every kid received an autograph from him in an orderly line, thank you! :) ). They made me cry almost every time they sang "World's Greatest" by R. Kelly (which was often because it was part of a show). They truly are the world's greatest group!! They even giggle when I call them Kiddo (got that one from Mom)! Well all that can be said is I will miss these sweet faces.... (just a couple of fotos for you to see)"I don't want to leave 3rd grade"

I really don't want them to go either....

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Kel...what a big year and accomplishment! Luckily the kids will still be around, and you KNOW they will come visit you next year!! This post was very endearing...i loved it. Hope all is well in The Guat.

Kelly and Brent said...

I can't believe you just wrapped up a school year in Guatemala! Time has flown by. So happy that you had such a great bunch of kids your first year. I am sure you will have lots of little visitors next year. :)