Friday, June 13, 2008

I am suffering from a little sickness I like to call BOWLER'S THUMB

Yes, that is right. Bowler's Thumb. You may understand right away, but if not, just keep reading. I had a class party on Wednesday afternoon at one of the local Bowling Alleys. It was great, but the next day, our end of year party was at another local bowing alley. The two days of bowling have caused pain (not extreme, but sensitivity) in my right thumb. For this reason, I have given up bowling for the rest of the month. This is a major challenge because I normally bowl 4 times a year, therefore I still have 2 more times this year to bowl. But let it be known, this will not take place in June!! I googled Bowler's Thumb and found that I am not the only one who suffers from this disease/sickness/issue! Whatever it is! Kate Grossman, MD studies this... just read below!

Bowler's Thumb

About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by Kate Grossman, MD
Definition: Bowler's Thumb occurs when there is damage to one of the nerves in the thumb. The damage occurs because of improper sizing of the thumb hole in the bowling ball. Repeated friction or compression causes damage to the nerves that provide sensation in the thumb. The most common symptom of Bowler's Thumb is numbness of the thumb.

Thank you and please don't worry to much for me... I promise Bowler's Thumb can be cured.

No comments: