Los Tocayos (Guatemalan word for someone with the same name)
Sunday, April 27, 2008
a day with the kids from UNOP
On Friday, my students and I went to a local park with the children from the UNOP organization. UNOP stands for Unidad Nacional de Oncologlia Pediatrica. This hospital is a special place for children that have cancer. As a grade level, my students have raised money to make the children stuffed animals. They have put on a school wide production to raise awareness for the upcoming Arco Iris 5K run/walk that benefits for these children. And now, we have spent a day laughing and playing with their new friends. This was a very special day for all of those involved. For me, I looked at each child and saw my buddy Evan Smith. I babysat Ev and his brother and sister for a couple of years in Athens. Evan, too, is fighting cancer and so this blog is dedicated to him. Ev!! I wish you were here with us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
What a great day and I love the pictures! Love, Mom
Kelly, I tagged you for a meme over at my blog. Check out my last post so you can see what it's all about.
so fun! i agree with mom, good pics!
Post a Comment