Sunday, April 13, 2008

La Tumba Marina

Ok... so this is going to be a hard blog to pull off or at least make any sense because it requires a beat (like music) to understand, but here goes!!

Because my last name is Seagraves, my roommates brother calls me La Tumba (grave) Marina (marine/sea). So... when I told my friend Michelle at school this, she fell on the floor laughing and then decided to write me a reggaeton song with as the base line and really only words. It has brought about many tears from laughter. My other friend Tatiana walked into school on Friday and said, "Tumba, guess what? All I sang on the way to school today was your song!" It is really getting around. People seem to be enjoying my nickname!! I will do my best to know explain how the song goes.

The beat: Bum,ba, dum, dum or Gua-te-ma-la or Sloooow-quick-slow-slow.

My song: But with an artist's license it was changed just a bit for the two first syllables to be in the long slow... so it goes TUMBA-MA-RI-NA.

I know this blog post has blown your mind, but download any Reggaeton song and you may not understand the words, but you will understand the beat... and then just Tumba Marina in honor of me today!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can hear it in my head....

Awesome post, Tumbita!

Jenny said...

I totally got it....so clever! believe it or not, i have never thought of your name in two words.....Sea and Grave....crazy!