Monday, February 4, 2008

My recent descansa....



I am so sorry for all of the faithful readers who have complained about my not posting for so long (okay so maybe it was just Allison, but it really made me feel like one person is reading). I really have no excuse except for that school has been a bit crazy and we still don't have internet at home. Now we finally have the paperwork to get internet, so I am thinking that by maybe March we will have it at home. So... we will use those excuses for now.




This weekend was great!! On Friday night, I had Bible Study
with the girls from Shalom. It is always great to see them and hang out for the evening. We are studying The Lies Women Believe. It is really great. I read it in English and then we discuss it in Spanish. Kind of difficult sometimes, but I am still learning a lot.




Saturday was a day 'o Fun!! Jake Parham (he is working with Global Soccer along with Gift and Matt) turned 22 so of course we CELEBRATED! I had a game at noon and we lost 1-0, but it was still a good game. It was HOT!! And soccer shoes don't breath! After the game, Gift and I ran by Subway then just relaxed at home. At 4, Matt and Jake arrived for a game of Sequencia. We just kept saying, "one more game, then we will eat." Well almost 2 hours later, we left for Cebollinas, a Mexican restaurant that has a wonderful outdoor patio. We split a large appetizer and then a taco tray for 4. It looked as though none of us had eaten in weeks, but the food was just so delicious that we were found spooning out every last frijol and bit of guacamol. We then headed to MetroBowl to play some boliches. I bowled a 110 which is VERY good for me. We had an ice cream beat between the boys and girls and unfortunatly Gift and I owe a round of ice cream this week. Finally, we returned to my apartment for chocolate cake and rainbow chip icing. I then left the group and went dancing with a couple of gals from school. It was a Salsa show/dance. It has inspired me to want to take more lessons, so I will let you know how that works out.


Sunday came pretty early (after my adventures of Saturday night)! We climbed Pacaya, the active volcano near my house. It is really a great hike and the weather was gorgeous. There was hardly a cloud in the sky. You could actually see all of the other volcanos with such clarity that it was incredible. I had never climbed during the day, so it was a new experience for me too. It is always great to see the reactions of newbies as they climb up a volcano and see the outpouring of lava and the dried rocks. The terrain is also amazing to new people. This group decided the they were going to climb to the top, but I instead to wait a bit below and take a quick nap on the lava. It turned out to be more comfortable then I expected.
We returned home with just enough time to watch the Superbowl at the Hardeman's. Because it was on Fox, the commentary was in Spanish. It was not as much fun to watch when you don't understand what the people are talking about the plays. So I spent most of the time playing with Levi who is 2!
Overall it was a great weekend. I will do my best to be better at posting!! Sorry about the delay and I am going to try to post some past events soon!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad and I are going to pretend that the shirt of your soccer uniform is red and black - not orange!! Sounds like a fun weekend! Pray for triple minutes -I want to TALK to you!!
LOVE, Mom
P.S. Happy Birthday, Jake!

Kelly and Brent said...

So glad to see you posting again. I always check your site in hopes of an update. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time and that you have a great group of friends.

We miss you very much and hope to see you soon!

Love,
Kel

Jenny said...

I will have to test your soccer skills and see how you've improved!!

JH

Jenny said...

You look so professional in your uniform!