Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter friends!! I pray that you had a wonderful day with your friends and family. I spent yesterday and today up in Clinton, SC at Beau's house with the fam! It was fun and we ate and laughed a lot.
Sometimes I forget things. I often forget how BIG God is. But this song always reminds me of who He really is and how much He loves me. My move to Guatemala is a huge testimony to His deep love for me. His has fulfilled my every need thus far in my journey and I know that He will not abandon me now. And so on this Easter Sunday I pray that you will read these words and see how deep the Father loves you too!


How deep the Father's love for us
How blessed beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory



Behold the Man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers


It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished


I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have payed my ransom

No comments: