I found out this week that I will be teaching 3rd grade next year in Guatemala. I am very excited about this for many reasons.
1. I currently teach 3rd graders. This will make my life much easier because I am already familiar with this age child. Not only that, I am hoping the 3rd grade teachers at my school will help me get prepared before I leave. hint, hint- that means you Christa!
2. I loved 3rd grade myself! I had Ms. Guliano (that is how I would spell it) and it was awesome. I remember that my best friend through all of middle school, Amy, moved in this year. We were making homemade applesauce the day she came. This was a great year for me! We had fun field trips and my teacher was nice.
3. 3rd graders can read, write and go to the bathroom alone(usually). I won't have to teach the basic reading and writing skills, so I can jump directly into bigger and better books! I also should not have to worry about accidental bathroom incidents. That makes me happy!
4. 3rd graders like their teacher! So maybe I still care if kids like me... and third graders do! They like school and learning new things. They think that their teacher is smart and has all of the answers even when she just google's things before class to update herself. These kids still like learning as much as we crazy educators do!
Well I hope you also enjoyed 3rd grade! If you did not, come visit my class when you come to Guatemala!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment