On Sunday, a group of teachers joined the Vida Joven (Young Life) staff to construct two cement floors in the neighborhood called El Recuerdo in Zone 3 of Guatemala City. It was an incredible day! The sun was shining, but a great breeze kept us cool. I am so thankful to have other teachers who want to help out in these communities. This is one of my passions for being in Guatemala, and it is very special to get to share this with my friends. We had raised enough funds to construct these floors and hopefully two more from the teacher talent show that was hosted at my school last year. We are desiring to continue to raise funds so we can go into the local communities and serve in the coming year. I hope you enjoy the photos!

The floor in the room before we began.

The floor when we were completed. Took us just around 6 hours.

We mixed cement in the walkways... the people just stepped around us!

YES I DID WORK! And yes, I am sore! :)

Dona Claudia (head of the neighborhood committee) and Chepe (Brady Greene who does Young Life as well) relaxing on a wheel barrow!

Sandra and I having some good laughs!
3 comments:
So wonderful. This is what it's all about.
That looks like it was a fun and challenging day! Thank you so much for the work you do :)
I love how you wore your overalls!!!
Looks like Watkinsville is coming down in March...Jake and I are thinking/praying about it!
Post a Comment