Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hurricane, etc...

Hurricane Felix has now reached the city of Guatemala and is dropping a slight drizzle. Fortunately we are all safe in this part of the country from the heavy down pours thus far. The city is well protected by the mountains and therefore we do not get as heavy of rain as other areas. Just thought I would keep everyone in the loop during hurricane season.

On another note, I have been sick! Yes, I officially caught the bug! Luckily this has not happened to me in MANY years. I was unable to go to work on Tuesday (Open House was that night, so I staggered into school to say hello and was actually encouraged to go directly to the hospital. I, thankfully, decided to give it another night because sleep is what I really needed). I returned to work today, but after finally trying some chicken soup this afternoon, I think it is going to be a bit slower recovery than desired. I am just going to load up on Saltines for a while (don’t worry they are VERY cheap here) and stay hydrated. Please just keep me in your prayers as I am recovering.

Also please pray for the Presidential elections that are taking place on Sunday. There are around 30 candidates so there is almost guaranteed another vote later in the fall, but please just pray everything remains peaceful and that the right people would come into power here.

Sorry it is not that exciting, but I promise to write more when I am feeling better....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kel, glad the hurricane isn't amounting to much and we hope you are feeling better soon....stick with the crackers and sprite or gatorade. LOVE YOU, Mom and Dad

tatum said...

aw, kel, sorry you're sick. enjoy the saltines. i always ate toast and sprite. killer combo. i hope you get better real soon!!!

Kelly and Brent said...

Kel, glad you are getting much of the hurricane. I thought about you when they said it was going to hit central america. That stinks you are under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest.

Miss you!

Jennifer said...

Hey Kel, sad to hear you aren't feeling well. That is never fun! Hope you are feeling better real soon.
~Jennifer

Jenny said...

Keds...praise the Lord for mountains that protect y'all. Glad that the hurricane is acting tame around your neck of the woods. So glad that you're feeling better!! Good to talk to you on the PHONE!

take care,

Jenny