Before visiting Spain (see previous post) my friend and I went on an Italian Adventure! We have friends that live in Rome and that is really the reason that we decided to start the adventure at all. When you have friends in Rome, Italy.... you better go and see them! So we boarded a plane... oh wait, we did not.... They would not give us a seat because the downsized the plane and decided that WE could fly 1st class to Brussels instead and then on to Rome... I'll take it!
First Class to Brussels! Thanks Delta!
Next stop, Colloseo! Literally right of the Metro and this is what you see.
If the Pope were talking, he may spit on me!
Hall of Maps.... yet all I did was look at the ceiling!
Vatican City! Sorry I don't send postcards or Mom, I would have sent you on from here!
Trevi Fountain.... where are your dreams come true! And you get to look at it with 3,000 others at once.... what a dream!
Day one of our beach days.... we could not get enough in the heat!
Back to Scaffolding Monument (the Pantheon) for tourist dinner! YUMMY!
INCREDIBLE PASTA!

Day trip to Orvieto and Bagnoreigo...

The beautiful church in Orvieto! Pictures do not do it justice!

The town of Orvieto behind us... set up on a hill to protect it.
The beautiful view after climbing up to Bagnoriego.
We climbed ALL the way up... totally worth it... plus we were not pushing the stroller!
Off to Florence! Look... the DUOMO!

The view of Florence from the top of the Duomo... totally worth it!

Crossing the bridge to get to the "fake David"... real David closed on Mondays


No comments:
Post a Comment