The city square

My favorite door. I love the doors in Guatemala.
Our room. I slept under 3 blankets.... it was cold!
The Cien Puertas of Xela. Many local bars and restaurants. It was PACKED at night.

Inside the above building...

One more picture from inside.

Stephanie and our first cup of hot chocolate! WOW!! SOOOOO RICH!

My first cup! I could not finish it because it was so thick!

Our little coffee shop with all we needed for the afternoon.
The view from our roof at the hotel.
The other direction.
I was FREEZING!! But it was nice to be outside.
The clouds were beautiful during the sunset.
Second cup of hot chocolate.... day 2..... I asked for water not milk so it would not be as filling and rich.

The hot springs!! HOW REFRESHING!

More of the hot springs.

A beautiful church that you see in many photos in Guatemala. It is in the town of San Andres Xecul. The Catholic Church adorned with Mayan relics.... interesting.

There are jaguars on top!

ELOTE!!!! Delicious grilled corn with lime and salt. MY FAVORITE!
3 comments:
Looks like a great weekend trip. I didn't make it there when I was in Guatemala. Love the gallery and the cute cafes. How much longer will you be in Guatemala? I'm about to move to Beirut for two years!
Great pictures...love the church! We've got to try that Elote when you get home...sounds wonderful!
That church is AWESOME! So cool. Wish we had visited Xela. Looks fun.
Post a Comment