Monday, January 12, 2009

The last 2 days.... Part tres!

So Allison and Jenny wanted to go some place HOT! And there is no hotter place (even in January) than the black sand beaches here in Guate! You can hardly walk on the sand without your shoes being on fire. So... I decided to get the beach buddies to come with us (always seems safer and they are fun). We got our tired bodies up and put on our bathing suits and headed SOUTH!

On the way we decided to stop for lunch. We made it to the coast, but still had about another hour, so we pulled over and had some fish! Now you really cant' go wrong with fish at the beach, but seriously, I am used to a bit "cleaner" way of eating fish! The fish we had was called "mojarra" or as we wikipediaed later meant talapia.

Allison just could not help herself!

Look at them TEETH!

Finally we arrived at the beach and thankfully there was room at the normal Long Beach Hotel. So we changed immediately into our swim suits and off we went! The beach was packed! I had never seen it this crowded before, but it was a holiday weekend.

The sun, the sand, the ocean, the friends! GOOD TRIP!

The whole crew!

Sunsets here in Guatemala are incredible. I am watching the sunset right now, and I really don't know what to say. It is something that you just can't describe. I look out over volcanoes and see the wispy clouds turn red and orange. I was thankful to get to share some beautiful nights with Jen and Al. But the beach, that is a whole other story. Watching the sun sink down into the ocean is spectacular! Pretty much year round, the sunsets are picturesque! We had one such night!
I wish I was there now!

Seriously! Just imagine it!

Clearly, the girls wanted a night out on "the town" and Guate City was kinda dead due to the holidays, so we went out in Monterrico. After a dinner of beans and eggs, we headed to a local club to dance, dance, dance! It was a funny mix of teenagers, chilren, young adults and older people. Music really does cross all age ranges! So with three ladies and 2 men, we worked the dance floor. We had occasional men dressed in jorts (aka- jean shorts) ask us to dance! It was a good hour or two and then back to the HOTEL!

It was so HOT!! Thankfully we had GALLO to cool us off!

The next day we got up, headed out to the beach, then back to the pool to relax! What a great trip!

The view from my house, while drinking Coco Loco's and getting packed to send mis amigas home!

No comments: