Thursday, November 29, 2007

Finish the Race!

I have begun the race to finish these last week and a half of school!! The weather is beautiful again today after two days of clouds. Normally this time of year is full of bright sun and cloudless skies. I look out my window each night hoping for those killer sunsets that I have seen in past weeks. Some days I see them, and other days are too cloudy. Regardless, I can’t complain about the view from my porches and roof. I hope that each of you could make it down to experience one with me some day soon!

We have just finished our first trimester of school and my students are doing great. Academically, I have no real concerns (unlike many of the other classes), so I am very pleased! My students love to be outside and I do too, so we get along great. We actually spent about an hour today reading and working in the grassy area by my room. Sometimes I think they work better in the fresh air.

These last two weeks have been much better than my difficult one. Brittany and Taylor are still recovering from their losses, but I know that the Lord will heal them in time. Kimberly is well out of the hospital and back to teaching after a week off for Christmas. Evan is still trucking! He is still in and out of Scottish Rite, but we are still praying and trusting in a full recovery!
Thanksgiving week was wonderful here! I spent Thursday at Nathan and Claudia Hardeman’s house. We had turkey, dressing, casseroles, pies, the works!! It was wonderful! We ate, laughed, talked about our friends and family in the US, and of course watched football!! On Friday, my roommate Rebeca and I visited Santa Teresita Thermal Pools in a town called Amatitlan about an hour from the house. The pools were heated very specifically and we had a package deal! We had a ½ hour massage, full day at the pools, and smoothie for Q105 (about $14!). It was incredible! We then returned home, ordered pizza, rented movies and were sitting down to a glass of wine when a friend called from school to get us to go dancing! The main catcher is that our water had been turned off for repairs, but off we went with our greasy selves!

Saturday and Sunday were uneventful and exactly what I needed. I watched some Christmas movies, played Sequence with Rebe, got the play by play on the football games via Beau and messanger, and napped on the couch! I am glad that I did not travel like the other teachers during this break. It was great just to take some Kelly time!

Now I am doing my best to make it through these next 5 ½ days!! Then it is time to “descansar” (relax)!! I hope that you are enjoying your holiday season and please listen to some Christmas music for me!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Kel,
Hopefully I will get to see you during your Christmas break! Ansley needs to meet Miss. Kelly :)

Unknown said...

Dad and I are ready for you to come "home" - the house is decorated but it needs YOU to complete the Christmas spirit! We're counting the days!!!
Love, Mom and Dad