Tuesday, October 23, 2007

conferences and the beach!

Friday was parent conferences for me at CAG. I had to meet with the parents of 20 of my students every 20 minutes from 7:30 to 3:00. My fellow Spanish teacher and I had a little cubicle in the library to meet these parents and they came pretty much on time!! It was a very tiring day, but it all ran smoothly. This was the first time that I have had to have parent conferences. At Morgan County I was normally the one translating conferences for other teachers, but I did not have too many conferences myself. Rumor has it, parents here are more nervous than the teachers. I really didn’t have many negative things to say at all about my class or students, so my parents did not have too much to worry about. I have a pretty good group of kids both socially and academically. When I returned to my room, the students had covered my white boards with messages about how they missed me and that I was never to leave them for a whole day again! HA!! They are such cuties!! It made my day! By today I was over that cutie
phase and they were back to their normal selves!


To reward myself for finishing the conference I went to the beach. It was Roblans, Beth, James, and myself. I must have said “me gusta la playa” a hundred times!! Saturday was Revolution Day, but I decided not to parade or protest and instead play in the ocean. It was less than 2 hours from the city and was a very easy road (although I was not the one driving, but rather riding shotgun!). My car made it to and from in one piece as well!!


The beaches are black sand and the surf was too rough for any real swimming, but it was great to just sit and relax with the cool breeze and sounds of the waves. We went to a place called Aqua Magic. It had pools, water slides, playgrounds, sand soccer fields and beachfront! It was well worth our $8!! You definitely need the showers to clean all of the black sand off your body. I am so glad that we were able to go to the beach. Be sure to check Beth and James’ blog because I know they have posted pictures and better stories!

1 comment:

Jess $ said...

I am glad you had fun at the beach. I miss you!! Hope all is well!