Tonight was the first of my many goodbyes I will be making over the next month and a half. Katherine Cash is off to Hawaii and Washington for the summer and so I had to say adios this evening. It was not fun. Katherine is someone that I have only known for about a year and a half, but I feel as though I have known her much longer. She has become more than just a friend, but truly a sister in Christ. She makes me smile whenever I am sad (or just all of the time). She comes and helps me at school with my little ninos. She sings me my favorite song when her hand is not broken (and she wrote a song about the Rubik's cube that is incredible!). She drives a Buick and we listen to Pointe of Grace all the time! Katherine is truly one in a million!
Katherine was able to come on the mission trip with me in March. Together we were able to pray over the country and the decisions that I had to make regarding the move. The Lord really used her to encourage me to go.
People will be the main thing that I miss when I move. I know that now. My life revolves around my relationships with those in my life. I love people! But the cool thing about this love that I have is that there are many people in Guatemala that I will love as well. It just takes me going there to find out who it will be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment