Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The last 3 months!

Well since I have not blogged in the last 3 months, I decided that it was time for a BIG update! So here goes:

I started my Semana Santa (Holy Week) vacation with a weekend in Miami, Florida with the Herrera's. They used to teach at my school, but left a couple of years ago. It was a great weekend of seeing the Miami life (Cuban style), visiting with friends, and DELICIOUS food!




I told you.... DELICIOUS FOOD!! RIBS, my favorite!




After my time in Miami, I flew up to Jacksonville and my wonderful friend Elisa came to get me. We spent a couple days just relaxing, shopping, cooking, partaking in some delicious drinks!

a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEid0muTjTRGhNUkCb66jWllbaDvjPwS1oaRpotuKdqD1psA3eiZ9KGDpauVaXJGmj0AgcPbZNqs12Ow0ehPDl_q6OBSPp5eizWz8AnX1S1ux25jvTw5T4zTJN2-G8A3R2bU7JnPHbJS4IIA/s1600/CIMG2700.JPG">


Kristen and Alison joined us for 2 nights too!! We all stayed on Amelia, but then they had to go back to reality!



So on the SAME trip, Beau, HIlary, Burke, mom, and dad all came to Amelia! It was perfect. Instead of boring you with all 250 pictures I took of Burke, I decided on 3! He loves his TIA and I love him!!!












Back in Guatemala, I attended the Queen's Ball that was hosted by the British Embassy. This is my friend Lisa and she is VERY British! I LOVE HER! She works for the embassy and likes to see if we want to get Tea! What a fun night!



Some of the other teacher's decided to go too! The theme was James Bond!



Life is FUN!




I am on a swimming kick these days and so there was a 5 hours swimming marathon! We had a group of 4 teachers (plus they added one more) who were to swim for 5 hours straight and for 1,000 meter intervals. I was second in the group so I ended up swimming 4,000 meters.

The teachers!


Getting ready for my last 1.000 meters!




Trying to keep my form while EXHAUSTED!




Silver! We lost by 65 meters.... That is NOTHING when you swim over 17,000 meters!!




So after 4 kms.... why not try 6kms, RIGHT?? HA!! 2 weeks ago, I swam a 6km race across Lake Izabal. It was just for fun and I was able to complete it, but BOY... I was exhausted! This was the same weekend that the tropical storm was in Guatemala City... I was happy to be away.

Finishing up.... 2 hours 19 minutes!




I was DONE!!! i think i like 3 km races better! But i was second in my age group.



and the 4th woman to finish... and 12th out of 45 total! Chattahoochee Gold would be proud!




We were able to go and help those affected from Tropical Storm Agatha in Amatitlan. This is the house of my co-worker Susana! After the volcano erupted... sand falling from the sky.... a tropical storm.... rivers flooding... roads washed away... then a sink hole! What a weekend!

3 comments:

leanne @ rambling and rumbling said...

Thanks, Kelly, for the update! I love, love, love reading about your life. :) Miss you these days...

Unknown said...

Glad you posted on your blog again...I love seeing your pictures!

James said...

Way to go on those races! I'm impressed. And what an awful mess in Amatitlan. That's great of you all to go help with the cleanup. Miss you!